All you want to know about our trip!

We are young. We are travellers. Jestesmy piekny

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A long and deadly journey

Our 13-hour flight from Frankfurt to Buenos Aires was not a pleasant one. Ania and I were given the crappiest seats all the way at the back of the airplane, right next to the bathroom. No way to recline the seats. Moreover the carrier, Lufthansa, put us on an aging 747 with seats that did not have individual screens. This is unforgiving. Lufthansa needs to refurbish its planes ASAP.


But it got worse. Sometime in the middle of the night, I saw a flight attendant get excited behind me: she had discovered an unconscious old lady in the bathroom! More flight attendants flocked behind me to help lay the woman on the ground. Reanimation was tried unsuccessfully for 3 hours. All the activity was taking place right next to my seat.


The plane was diverted to Sao Paolo where the old lady was transferred to medical staff. The captain informed us that she was pronounced dead. Since the cause of the death was unknown, the Brazilian police came aboard and took all kinds of pictures.


All in all we spent a staggering 18 hours aboard the plane. I am not tired of seeing new and exciting destinations, but I am growing tired of flying around the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment