All you want to know about our trip!

We are young. We are travellers. Jestesmy piekny

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Despite everything, Buenos Aires IS beautiful!!

I feel I owe this post to Buenos Aires. Because even though we have had a couple of crappy experiences here (and really, I can hardly blame the city for getting a terrible flu*), Buenos Aires is truly beautiful.

The streets are full of stores and artists playing tango and milonga music, people are very nice, and the colonial architecture is very impressive. As if this wasn't enough, there are cafés at every corner. What's not to like?!

While walking around, I was also surprised at the number of bookstores and theaters all around the city center. Unfortunately I would need more than 20 hours of Spanish lessons to appreciate this side of the city.

We only had two days to admire all of that before I got so sick that even the prospect of dancing milonga with Marc couldn't get me out of bed.

Maybe if we had spent more time around the city, it would've been easier to put the loss of our camera in perspective... As it is now, we kind of lost our hearts for the city and we are focusing on getting well before leaving to Patagonia on Thursday. And you will not be able to judge the beauty of Buenos Aires for yourself, because all our pictures are gone...


* Ok, I kind of blame the city for my flu. All these beautiful colonial buildings with high ceilings and huge windows are not heated in winter and I was half-frozen after my first Spanish course...


No comments:

Post a Comment