All you want to know about our trip!

We are young. We are travellers. Jestesmy piekny

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Snorkeling with an expert


We had the chance to snorkel with Mohammed’s brother Faisal. I must say I was very impressed.


The man can free dive (breath-hold underwater dive) down to 8 meters. He wants to follow a course to take the 20 meters limit. I really tried to follow him under water but I couldn’t.


He showed us specific spots to find the most beautiful fishes. We had never seen many of the fishes he showed us. We even saw turtles mating and a turtle eating coral!


Then we went looking for oysters with pearls inside. We picked a few ones and pried them open on the boat. The result was unfortunately negative. But the thrill of looking for pearls inside oysters is great though. I felt the same way in Australia when we noodled for opal. :)


But the real reason I am truly impressed with Faisal is that throughout our snorkeling he carried a bag to remove any plastic objects as he would see. I was totally in awe. What a great man. He loves the sea and wants to keep it clean. I reckon that the earth needs a few million Faisals to turn things around. Maybe there is still hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment