All you want to know about our trip!

We are young. We are travellers. Jestesmy piekny

Monday, May 16, 2011

Fun facts about Ania

Travelling with your significant other for an extended period means you’ll spend a lot of time together. It also means that you’ll discover things about your partner that you didn’t know before you embarked on your long journey.


So I’ve decided to spill the beans and tell you what I’ve discovered about Ania during this trip (only partially approved by the Bureau of Truth headed by Ania) :)


1 – Ania is more afraid of dogs than I thought.


2 – Ania became a very experienced snorkeler during this trip. That’s surprising because before this trip I always felt that Ania was never comfortable in water. She seems to have lost her fear of the underworld.


3 – Ania is crazier about tea than I thought; I had to walk more than 3 hours in a freaking jungle in Malaysia to see a piece of land full of green leaves she loves to put in her morning, afternoon, evening (insert any hour of the day) cup of hot water. Insane.


4 – Ania is less of an Internet junkie than me.


5 – Ania doesn’t know about rest. She has a hard time staying in the same place for a few days.


6 – Ania is generally tougher and more patient than me when we take a means of transportation. 15 hour bus rides can make me angry man. Not my girl though. However, Ania will get fed up more quickly when we are driving long hours in a car.


7 – Ania is more adventurous when it comes to trying new food or new restaurants. If I find a restaurant that serves excellent food, I tend to want to go back to the same place. My philosophy goes like this: why try a new horse when I have a winning horse? Her philosophy: how do we know this is the best horse if there are still other horses that we haven’t tried?


8 – Ania is much better than me with maps. I have much better visual memory than her. This means that when we arrive in a new city, I rely on Ania to bring us to our first destination. However, Ania will rely on me to get back to the starting point.


9 – Ania likes to tan more than I thought (not approved by the Bureau of Truth).


10 – Ania really suffers in a hot and humid climate.


12 – Ania managed to hold out buying trinkets during this trip more than I thought she would.


13 – Ania is not good at negotiating with the locals. And she doesn’t like it when I do it, too. In tense situations where I am arguing for a bargain, she feels uneasy, sometimes even forcing me to accept a worse deal just so the harsh negotiation can stop. She should be happy we are not going to Egypt after all, because I know how Arabs love to negotiate and my plan was to negotiate my way to a free vacation in Egypt. :)

3 comments:

  1. Allô Marc,

    Moi, je savais déjà le numéro 4. Par contre, le numéro 5 est dur à croire; en es-tu certain?

    Alex XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marc, it's a very nice post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete