All you want to know about our trip!

We are young. We are travellers. Jestesmy piekny

Friday, December 31, 2010

Reuniting with old friends


Meet Marty and Tessa.

Marty, Tessa, Ania and I spent much time together in Berlin (2003) partying and, when time allowed it between Berlin’s legendary student parties, studying as well. Being in Australia, we had to stop in Melbourne to meet our Australian friends.

Marty was kind enough to read us passages from his diary from the Berlin days, which confirmed that our Berlin days were really more about partying than studying.

Marty introduced us to his lovely Zoe. Ania and I enjoyed every second we spent with Marty and Zoe. Seven years may have gone by since we had last seen Marty, but we can confirm that his love for alcohol, cigarettes, and intelligent discussions is alive and kicking. Marty also introduced us to his best mates, a bunch of fine gents and ladies.

As in the old days, a night of partying with Marty often took a strange twist. This time was no exception, as Marty and his friend Nick insisted that I needed a “Mohawk” haircut and quickly proceeded to cut my hair. Three drunk, armed with clippers and frantic Ozzies, Marty, Nick, and Zoe joined forces and my hair was quickly on the floor.

What a fabulous night. Ania and I met with our Australian mates and I got a haircut even though I didn’t need one. We’ll have a chance to meet Marty and Zoe in March in Sydney. Hopefully we’ll have some excellent “goon” and a carton of beer – oh, entschuldiMEgung, I meant a “slab” of beer :)

The next morning Ania realized that my Mohawk haircut was...not up to her standards and decided to cut my hair shorter. She also picked a new color for my hair – rosewood purple.

Why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment